HOT ROD PLEXI
The Hot-Rod Plexi pedal is inspired by vintage amps of the same nickname. While those hulking stacks are known to sound best at ear-bleed levels, this pedal can painlessly transform your existing amp without pulling a muscle or mandatory rig cranking. With the Hot-Rod Plexi, you can completely change the personality of a clean amp or use it as an instant mod to a dirty amp.
In Stock mode, it’s as if you have the signal path from the input jack to the speaker jack (without the speaker emulation) of a stock ‘68 Plexi. Hot engages an extra “12AX7” pre-amp gain stage. With its own level control, Hot can kick in up to 28dB of pre-amp boost –a pretty insane amount of gain.
Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2, DC4-A, or DC9).
SORRY, THE HOT-ROD PLEXI IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT.
Note: The Hot-Rod Plexi used in the video above is a limited edition that was available exclusively through Musician’s Friend. Current worldwide distribution, the color has changed and now features a Punch control.
HOT ROD PLEXI FEATURES
• Portions of our SansAmp technology have been incorporated into the Hot-Rod Plexi to generate organic tube amp distortion characteristics
• Tone is a very musical, specialized low pass filter that cuts the high end without losing mids or getting muddy
• Drive adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
• Punch is a wide-band mid-range EQ that gradually changes its bandwidth with the amount of cut or boost.
• 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
• 1/4-inch low impedance output
• Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuator
• 100% analog circuitry.
• Actual size: 3.75″ x 4.75″ x 2.0″
• Weight: 12 oz.