dUg Pinnick DP-3X
dUg Pinnick. Unmistakable in every way --that voice, the songwriting, his style, and, of course, the dUg tone.
A super-compact adaptation of his Tech 21 Ultra Bass 1000 Signature head, the DP-3X also recreates the sound dUg originally developed way back in the ‘80s, merging high-end distortion with low-end bass. Prior to his signature head, this involved running a guitar amp and a bass amp together, along with rack full of effects. Wanting to further streamline his gear for occasions when his full Tech 21 rig simply isn’t practical, dUg collaborated on the all-analog DP-3X pedal. Personally beta-testing the DP-3X on a European tour, dUg encountered a different backline in each and every venue. But no matter which amp was on stage, dUg was able to nail his immense tone each and every night.
In addition to achieving dUg’s unique tone, the DP-3X has the flexibility to provide traditional bass amp sounds as well. Mix mode engages Drive to bring in distortion and Chunk for upper harmonics. A Gain button provides additional distortion and compression. In clean/full-range mode, Drive and Chunk disengage, while Comp and Gain remain active. Other controls include 3-band active EQ with switchable Mid and a master Volume. Features include chromatic tuner, headphone capability, and an XLR Output to go direct to the PA desk or studio board without compromising detail, warmth or responsiveness.
• All-analog technology
• Two modes for clean/traditional bass sounds as well as Mix mode for dUg’s tone
• 10dB Gain switch
• 3-band active EQ, cut or boost ±18dB, with switchable Mid
• Chunk control for high-end distortion
• COMP, for compression, utilizes old school, all-analog, FET-based technology, which is inherently warmer, more transparent and more musical
• Chromatic tuner
• 1/4-inch 4.7megOhm input
• XLR output with ground lift to go direct to a PA desk or studio board
• 1/4-inch low impedance output
• Headphone mode switch
• Rugged, all-metal housing
• Metal footswitches and jacks
• Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
• Measures 7.75”l x 2.5”w x 1.25”h
• Weighs just 12 oz.
• Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V240V, 200mA.
Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New Zealand for use anywhere in the world.
In addition to dUg’s personal setting, sample settings styles provided in the owner’s manual include:
• Tom Petersson
• Paul McCartney
• Smooth Studio