CALI FLY RIG
The CALI’s distortion section is based upon the CALI/US Metal SansAmp Character Series pedals, which were inspired by amps in the mid ‘70s from the then-boutique shop over on the West Coast.
While those hulking stacks are known to sound best at ear-bleed levels, the CALI section can painlessly transform your sound at the kick of a switch. You can completely change the personality of a clean amp tone or use it as an instant mod with a dirty amp tone. Engaging the Boost function is like having an extra “12AX7” pre-amp gain stage. Activated via its own footswitch, you can kick in up to 21dB of pre-amp boost. The range allows you to go from a state of mild overdrive to insane gain. Boost also operates independently to punch up any of the other functions.
OTHER SECTIONS AND FEATURES ARE THE SAME AS THE FLY RIG 5
• SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level,
and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
• Reverb, within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
• Boost, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
• DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo
and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures. A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
• All analog signal path; reverb and delay are mixed in parallel.
• Get 5 “must-have” gigging pedals for 1/3 the cost at 1/3 the size, without sacrificing pro quality tone.
• All metal housing in gunmetal finish.
• Metal footswitches and jacks.
• 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
• 1/4-inch low impedance output.
• Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators.
• Utilizes included 12V DC power supply, 150mA, center negative.
North America: Model #DC3-A / International: Model #DC3-D
Note: International power supplies are “auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V-240V. It can be used anywhere in the world with the proper plug/travel adapter for the host country.
• The Fly Rig 5 is shipped with 4 knob grippers, one on each Level control. Additional knob grippers are sold in packs of 10 on our Accessories page.
SAMPLE SETTINGS IN THE OWNER’S MANUAL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING STYLES:
CALI: Metallica Clean and Heavy, Santana, Foo Fighters/Everlong Clean and Dirty, Eagles/One of These Nights, and Dumble.
Note: Names of sample settings are for descriptive purposes only.