In celebration of our 20th anniversary in 2009, we released a special relic-style version, the SansAmp Classic 20. The exterior design is taken from an actual “vintage” SansAmp pedal used on a world tour by a renowned artist. (We’re not 100% sure exactly which artist it belonged to or we would tell you.) The main heart of the circuitry and inner workings were virtually unchanged.
Of the pedal formats, SansAmp Classic is the most sophisticated and a tweaker’s delight. Its unconventional design not only keeps the unit compact, it is key to the wide range of sounds you can achieve. There is a bank of eight Character switches to adjust tonality, harmonics and dynamics. A 3-position input switch gives you a choice of preamp styles: Lead (Marshall®-style), Normal (Mesa Boogie®-style), and Bass (Fender®-style) which is excellent for rhythm as well as bass guitar. Four knob controls shape pre-amp contours, power amp contours, volume and final tone.
The SansAmp Classic was designed to recreate the natural sound of tube amplifiers — without effects, so you can have a solid foundation of tone upon which to build. It is specifically engineered with a flat output to provide maximum flexibility and control with external EQ. The SansAmp Classic offers countless (we know, we’ve tried) combinations and permutations for you to explore.
• Actual size: 4.5″ x 3.5″ x 1.5″ Weight 12 oz.
• Operable with 9V alkaline battery or DC power supply (included in US and Canada only), Tech 21 Model #DC1
• The SansAmp Classic’s knob controls shape pre-amp contours, power amp contours, volume and final tone.
• SansAmp Classic was specifically engineered with a flat output to provide maximum flexibility and control with external EQ.
• There are countless (we know, we’ve tried) combinations and permutations for you to explore.