Originally introduced in rackmount format in 1993, the SansAmp PSA-1 and later PSA-1.1 quickly became studio staples. The SansAmp PSA has been used on thousands of major releases, worldwide tours and film soundtracks for multiple applications and instruments –including guitar, bass, horns, vocals, and drums.
Wanting to change things up a bit, we streamlined its architecture into a compact, easily portable pedal. The SansAmp PSA 2.0 offers the same 100% analog signal path for punchy, responsive, organic sounds that bring out the best in any instrument. Only the programming and memory sections are digital. It also offers the same operational simplicity, essential functionality and dizzying versatility.
In the studio, you can record direct, enhance existing tracks in mixdowns, as well as add interesting touches to any instrument. Live, the SansAmp PSA 2.0 can be used as a pre-amp direct into a power amp with guitar or bass speaker cabinets, as a “monster direct box” to a P.A. system (or both simultaneously), and as an outboard processor. Additionally, the PSA 2.0 features a Performance Mode, which turns it into a 3-channel stompbox.
With 128 memory locations, storing and recalling programs is simple. You don’t need any special training or a degree in physics to operate your unit. The rotation of each control increases and decreases in a smooth, gradual, linear fashion, so when you turn a knob, you hear the difference immediately –in real time. You just set your tones and push the Save button. There is no lag time, or “cutting out” when you switch between programs. And with all-analog circuitry, there is zero latency.
The SansAmp PSA 2.0 is designed to give you inspiration to be your most creative self. It provides the flexibility to find almost any conceivable personality within the vintage and modern guitar and bass amplifier sound spectrums, as well as an assortment of revered stompboxes. You can even create your own “Farshall” or “Mender.” Check out the Studio 21 video below to find out how.
PSA 2.0 FEATURES
• 100% analog signal path
• Digital programmability
• Performance Mode to instantly access your 3 most often used presets
• Buzz, Punch, Crunch and Drive for tons of tonality options
• Gain for different flavors of overdrive
• Dual band active EQ, cut or boost ±18dB
• Global Trim control to adjust the level of all presets
• MIDI capability for calling up programs and storing program data
• Special Page Functions
• 1/4-inch 1megOhm input
• 1/4-inch low impedance output
• Speaker simulation defeat switch
• Rugged, all-metal housing
• Metal footswitches and jacks
• Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
• Measures 7.75”l x 2.5”w x 1.25”h
• Weighs just 12 oz.
• Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V240V, 200mA. Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New Zealand for use anywhere in the world.
05 High Gain
08 Van Halen I
09 Classic Clean
11 B.B. King
12 Stevie Ray
16 Super Bright
17 Classic Rock
18 Super Clean
20 Mark I®
28 Too Much Gain
(click on the names for video samples)
35 King’s X
38 Doug Wimbish
40 Fuzz Face®
41 Triangle Muff
44 Tele® Simulator
45 American Woman
48 AC30® Queen
49 Speaker Simulator
® Registered trademarks of their respective companies. Names of factory presets are
intended for descriptive purposes only and should not be construed as an endorsement
or affiliation with the companies, products, song titles, or artists named.