For 2022, the SansAmp RBI rackmount has undergone a cosmetic update. All of the features and functionality remain the same.
Like many of our products, the SansAmp RBI hasn’t changed since its introduction, which was in January 2001. That is, until now. The new faceplate revisits the original 1989 logo from the SansAmp Classic and incorporates more modern hardware for powering up.
In short, the SansAmp RBI is a pumped-up, expanded version of our popular SansAmp Bass Driver DI pedal. It features an Effect Loop with a Mix 50/50 switch (for parallel or series operation), an XLR output with selectable levels, and a buffered direct XLR output to provide a dry signal.
Having access to the most coveted classic and modern bass tones, with unlimited freedom to create your own, the SansAmp RBI is practically mandatory for any bass player.
• Drive adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
• Presence brings out the upper harmonic content and attack.
• Blend allows you to mix the direct instrument signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry.
• Active Bass and Treble controls cut or boost ±12dB.
• Dedicated Mid control, cut or boost ±12dB.
• Individual Level control for the XLR out to optimize your amp’s output relative to the P.A. system.
• Built-in speaker/cab sim. The 100% analog SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation technology encompasses the entire signal chain, from pre-amp to power amp to speaker simulation. An integral part of the circuitry, the SansAmp speaker simulation will complement any type of guitar or bass speaker cabinet system. You can also place an external IR after a SansAmp to give additional flavor if you so desire. The SansAmp speaker sim is designed and individually tailored for a smooth, even response as would be achieved by a multiply-miked cabinet –without peaks, valleys, and notches associated with single miking and many IRs.
• Effects Loop.
• Mix 50/50 switch to configure the Effects Loop in series or parallel.
• 1/4″ rear input and XLR output with selectable levels.
• Buffered uneffected XLR output to run a dry signal to a separate channel.
• Footswitch input to engage unit.
• Footswitch output to chain and toggle between another SansAmp RBI. (If you prefer programmability, you may want to consider our own “not-just-for-guitar” SansAmp PSA 2.0. There are 10 presets devoted to bass and 49 user-definable locations for storing custom settings.)
• Dimensions: 19″w x 1.5″h x 5.25″d (6.25″d overall)
• Weight: 5 lbs.
• As a pre-amp to drive a power amp
• Direct to a mixer of a PA
• Record direct to your computer